A lily recovered..

While shooting couple of weeks ago I took a single photo of a lovely lily (a mistake, but excusable as I had my 6-year old tugging me along!). The photo was under-exposed and grey. I have tried to recover from this photographic disaster using post-processing. The results and the original are below.

Attempted recovery
The original!

I used Adobe Lightroom for general photo handling and Color Efex Pro to enhance detail and contrast. I realise I have lost detail on the petals due to the original problems with the photo (which was in RAW format).

Published by


Scientist, hobby photographer and amateur gardener

2 thoughts on “A lily recovered..”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s